GEOLYTIX GIS developer
At GEOLYTIX we seek new and innovative ways to make spatial analytics accessible, exciting and indispensable. Our customers span the retail, financial, property, leisure and food & beverage industries, in and outside the UK.
Are you our next GIS Developer?
You will be building market leading sales forecasting tools for the big well-known names through hands-on development using C# or VB.NET. The role will see you build and customise user interfaces within existing GIS systems as well as providing analysis of faults and develop patches for deployed solutions.
As part of the technical team you will also play a role in the performance, integrity and security of databases used across Geolytix. You will be responsible for ensuring users can access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs and there is suitable provision for data security and recovery control
For the right candidate there will also be the opportunity to support the development of our online web mapping tool supporting the product development team with configuration and testing.
The skills we are looking for
- A programming guru competent in C# or VB.net
- Experience of programming a GIS (e.g. MapBasic, ArcObjects, ArcGIS Pro SDK)
- The ability to quickly grasp new programming languages
- A self starter, proactive at finding solutions
- Good understanding of the principles of database design
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Transact-SQL and ideally Postgres too
- Experience in Excel and creating Macros using VBA
- Good at building relationships with our customers
- A team player with the ability to also work independently to get the job done
- Proven experience of taking requirements from non technical stakeholders and translating these into actions
Your qualifications and experience
- Evidence of programming expertise gained through a career working with GIS
- 2+ years of experience as a programmer or similar position
- Relevant industry sector knowledge ideal but not essential
Our UK offices are in Kings Cross, London and Leeds – the role can be based in either. Competitive salary. We’re a young and growing company who embrace flexible working.
If you are interested in this role and are looking for your next challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
No agencies please
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.