Calling all Developers – Take 2
—– We’ve now filled this position but will have similar roles in the future —
Geolytix is having a great time supporting many of the UK’s largest retailers to determine their best multi-channel location strategy. We’re ambitious and looking to grow quickly over the next few years but we’ll never lose our small company mentality, which is part of who we are.
We’re currently recruiting for developers but if you have a passion for modelling or maps and like what we’re doing we’re always happy to hear from you.
Are you our next Software Developer – Spatial Data Infrastructure?
£25 – 40k based on experience, plus benefits
You will be the link between our data scientists, modellers and application developers, enabling them to roll out and maintain our data products. By helping us to build internal processes as well as technical interfaces for spatial data exchange and maintenance you will get high exposure to those three areas and the opportunity to evolve in any of them. Your familiarity with spatial data exchange formats, processing frameworks like GDAL/GRASS and web technology stacks such as PostGIS/GeoServer will help us to provide our data with the highest degree of flexibility and efficiency.
In addition to the general task of enhancing our own spatial data infrastructure you will be involved in different customer projects. As part of a team that builds GIS solutions for many of the big names in UK retail you will work directly with our clients through the whole project lifecycle, from understanding their requirements to deploying the final solution. The wide range of systems used in the industry will require you to have a good initial knowledge of / a fierce enthusiasm to learn about ESRI, MapInfo and open source software such as QGIS along with the different spatial DBMS that might be used by any of those.
- Competent writing (transact) SQL
- Spatial RDBMS (MS SQL Spatial Extensions, PostGIS, Oracle Spatial): spatial data modelling and manipulation, server configuration and performance optimisation (task scheduling, indexing, etc.)
- Core programming skills including at least one of .NET/C#/VB# or Java EE
- (RESTful) Web Services development
- Experience using ESRI products, MapInfo or open source GIS
- Good Knowledge of GIS development, OGC Web Services and processing/analytics in a geospatial context (GRASS,GDAL, SEXTANTE, etc.)
- GeoServer administration
- Windows system administration experience
- Experience in developing plugins/extensions for GIS software such as MapInfo (MapBasic), ArcGIS or QGIS (Python)
- Experience working with crowdsourced data from platforms like OpenStreetMap
- Experience working with UK mapping data, e.g. Ordnance Survey (MasterMap, VectorMap)
- Web Application Server administration: JBoss, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat
- LINUX system administration experience
Your qualifications and experience
A university degree in Computer Science, Geography or Geomatics with a track record of successful projects.
Ideally 2+ years of experience in a similar position
Relevant industry sector knowledge ideal but not essential
The role is full time, 37 hours a week
Based at our offices in Kings Cross. You will also be visiting clients regularly.
Send your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
No recruiters please!
Check out our other developer role here